2.01.2011

The Shoe Closet

The Mission:
 The Inspiration:
 The Weapon:
 The Execution:
 The Result:
I decorate for me. No one else, but me. I choose the things I like and the things that make me happy. Although it may seem like a waste of time to most to paint a closet, it is something I see at least twice a day, and it just brightens my day to pull my shoes out of a giant Tiffany's box! My feet have not grown since I was 11 years old, so over the years I have collected (*a-hem*) a few shoes..... Some of these shoes are 10 years old! Either way, I love them and wear every single pair!
The closet came about when we were newlyweds, with 2 linen closets and no linens! We had 2 towels, 1 set of sheets on each bed, and just not enough closet space. For our one year anniversary in our condo, my wonderful husband built me a shoe closet. When we moved to a larger house, I moved to a larger shoe closet! The closet has become a focal point on our house tour, and it cracks me up to see men's reactions to it! The men love it more than the women, and my husband LOVES showing it off!!

I had the idea to paint the shoe closet when we moved in, but I had many more priorities to take care of. When I found a can of "oops paint" for $5 in the exact color I wanted last weekend, I knew it was a sign that it had to be done! "Oops paint" is paint at hardware stores that were custom mixed for a customer, but the customer decided against it. They then sell them for a deeply discounted price, as low as $1!! They always have fun colors and it's a great option if you're not trying to match something exactly, or not in a hurry for a certain color.


3 comments:

  1. OOOMMGGG! painting a shoe closet is totally an awesome experience. waste of time?? total investment! ...absolutely fabulous closet and absolutely awesome husband you have building you a show closet and all ..wowowow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.
    wordpress web design

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It